Alex Holmes is a senior software engineer with over 15 years of experience developing large scale distributed Java systems. For the last five years he has gained expertise in Hadoop solving Big Data problems across a number of projects. He is the author of ”Hadoop in Practice”, a book published by Manning Publications. He has presented at JavaOne and Jazoon.
Alex has presented at a number of conferences:
- Big Data Technology Warsaw Summit, 2021, Top 5 Spark anti-patterns that will bite you at scale.
- Oracle Code One, 2018, DEV5009, Firefighting Java Big Data Problems.
- JavaOne, 2016, CON3823, Avoiding Big Data Antipatterns.
- JavaOne, 2014. CON3515. The Top 10 Hadoop Patterns and Antipatterns.
- JavaOne, 2014. BOF3612. Using Kafka to Optimize Data Movement and System Integration.
- JavaOne, 2013. CON7356. Next-Generation Hadoop: It’s Not Just Batch!
- JavaOne, 2012. CON7844. Java: A Perfect Platform for Data Science. JavaOne Rock Star award.
- JavaOne, 2011. IPv6: The Problem That Can No Longer Be Ignored.
- Jazoon, 2011. Syntactic Salt and Sugar.
If you want to see what Alex is up take a look at:
If you use a feed reader that can consume RSS and Atom feeds, such as Google Reader, the following feeds are available for this blog: